Lead Backend Developer (hands-on)
Website Meister Systems
As of now | full time | Berlin
We are a Berlin based company builder focused on innovative deep tech-startups in construction tech, prop tech and sustainability with a positive impact. We love building great software products and optimizing ecosystems to change them for the better. We are a team of entrepreneurial engineers with a high success rate in new business models and technologies. We don’t build copycats but love venturing into completely new areas instead, and we outperform others in exciting uncharted territory.
What to expect
We are revolutionizing Construction Tech with our venture Meister Systems – and are looking for an exceptionally talented and hands-on Lead Backend Developer to complete the team! As a company we follow a product and technology first approach, making your role extremely interesting for you, as well as important for Meister Systems.
Meister Systems is just before launch and for it’s phase has a well-structured codebase using the latest technologies.
To be successful in this role, you need to have outstanding software developing skills, as well as experience in software architecture and productive systems. You will act as a leader and mentor to your team of talented developers – while developing hands-on yourself at least 80% of your time. At the moment, while the team is still small, we are not looking for pure managers, but rather for people who love to code.
Meister Systems is very complex, so we are looking for someone who really thrives in complexity and loves challenges. This sounds like you? Join our team: as of now, in our office in Berlin-Mitte and on full-time basis.
- With your hands-on mentality, you are involved in every phase of the product development cycle
- You are pragmatic and have a can-do and get-things-done mentality – this allows for the necessary speed and efficiency we need to compete with other silicon-valley-caliber start ups
- Due to your outstanding technical knowledge and exemplary function you are accepted by your team as their leader
- Due to the seniority of your role, you understand business objectives and customer and come up with the best technical solution for any problem
- You will be working directly with the founders and you develop and maintain relationships with all the stakeholders
- And you take pride in developing world class products together with your team
We are looking forward to
Your Hard Skills
- 6+ years of experience as software engineer with evidence of excellent performance
- You need to have exceptional knowledge in most of our tech stack:
- TypeScript, NodeJS, latest ECMAScript, PostgreSQL, GraphQL
- Bash, AWS (Cloudformation, IAM, Cloudwatch, Api Gateway, Lambda & RDS)
- Authentication mechanisms such as JWT, internationalization (multiple currencies, i18n)
- Knowledge of Knex and ObjectionJS are beneficial, as is basic understanding of the Frontend
- Experience with scaling systems under high loads
- 2+ years of experience as team lead
- Experience in SaaS companies with a highspeed development process is an advantage
- Fluent in English (C1+) – German skills are an advantage but not necessary
Your Soft Skills
- You love complexity and can master it efficiently
- Like us, you are a dedicated team player with unlimited drive
- You are a pragmatic problem solver and solutions finder – and adapt quickly to new situations and environments
- With your initiative and leadership-skills, coordinating staff- and technical resources comes easy to you
- You help to attract highly skilled young developers (and in case you already know someone you want on your team, we are very open to meet them as well)
- You share our objective of constant self-improvement and entrepreneurial company first approach
What we can offer to you
- We honor your hard work and good results with an attractive remuneration package
- Depending on your skill-level and background, we can also offer a very attractive share package in a multi-million funded startup that is launching shortly
- Our office in the beautiful part of Berlin’s city center, directly at Hackescher Markt (just 80m from sBahn)
- Certain flexibility regarding home office, especially during Corona-peaks, and flexibility regarding working hours
- The heart of Found Fair are its people! We celebrate this with regular team events (Covid permitting) and a great working atmosphere
Are you interested in hearing more? Let us have a chat!
Hit Apply for job, and send us your application – or reach out via email@example.com if you have any questions
We are happy to get in touch!
Your FOUND FAIR Talent Acquisition Team
Please note that we can only accept your application, if you are in possession of a valid EU work permit. Thank you for understanding
FOUND FAIR Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The generic position title includes all sexes and gender identities. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and business need.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org